Origin: American SouthJump to Recipe
For me, the holidays just aren’t the same without pecan pie. Growing up we had pecan trees in our yard so we had no shortage of pecans and this holiday classic was a staple in our family for holiday meals.
For me, a rich, sweet slice of pecan pie simply can’t be beat. That is until you kick it up to a whole new level with the addition of bourbon and maple syrup. The marriage of slightly boozy bourbon with the smooth sweetness of maple syrup results in a holiday dessert utopia that is unrivaled. This bourbon maple pecan pie is so good, you might just want to skip that second helping of mashed potatoes.
Preparing the Bourbon Maple Pecan Pie
Everyone knows that pecan pie is delicious, but it is also pretty simple to make. You can be from start to diabetic food coma in under an hour. Simply gather your ingredients and lets cook!
In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the egg and pecans. Mix until well combined. It may take a little work to get the dark corn syrup to combine with the rest of the ingredients.
In a separate bowl beat the eggs. Next, fold the eggs into the batter and mix until well combined.
Stir in the pecans. You can leave the pecans as halves or coarsely chop them. We like to break about 1/2 a cup into smaller pieces but leave the remaining halves intact.
For the pie crust, use a family favorite or use a high quality deep dish pie crust from the store. With a fork, poke some holes into the bottom of the pie crust, then add in the filling.
Baking the Bourbon Maple Pecan Pie
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Bake the pecan pie for 40-50 minutes, until the center of the pie is just set (it will continue to set as it cools). Rotate the pie halfway through the cook time.
When the pie is done cooking, the edges should be nicely browned and the center of the pie should be just set.
Let the pie cool for a bit before digging in.
Looking for more holiday meals? Check out our super easy recipes for Smoked Turkey Breast and White Castle Stuffing. Also please leave us a comment and a rating below if you and your family enjoyed this bourbon maple pecan pie.
Bourbon Maple Pecan Pie
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Crust Store bought or homemade
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Pecan Halves
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/3 cup Salted Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar Syrup Like Lyle's or Steen's
- 1/4 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tab Bourbon
- 1 tea Vanilla
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the eggs and pecans.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
- Fold the eggs into the batter and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the pecans. You can leave the pecans as halves or coarsely chop them. We like to break about 1/2 a cup into smaller pieces, but leave the remaining halves intact.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a fork poke some holes into the bottom of the pie crust, then add in the filling.
- Bake the pecan pie for 40-50 minutes, until the center of the pie is just set (it will continue to set as it cools). Rotate the pie halfway through the cook time.