Last Updated on October 20, 2023 by Carne Diem
This post contains affiliate and sponsored content. As always, we will only ever recommend products that we absolutely love.Jump to Recipe
Step aside peaches and cream and make room for these Grilled Peaches with Amaretto Whipped Cream. This has become a go to summer dessert. Sugars in the peaches caramelize from the heat of the grill, adding to their sweetness and making for a fantastic summer treat. The grilled stone fruit is then topped with an amaretto infused cream to make the perfect dessert for your backyard barbeque.
Table of contents
Making the Grilled Peaches with Amaretto Cream
Selecting the best peaches for grilling
When it comes to making the best grilled peaches, freestone varieties work best. The pits are easily removed making them easy to prepare the peaches for the grill. Save the clingstone peaches for canning, slicing or jelly.
The second thing you want to look for to make a perfect grilled peach dessert is ripeness. Ideally you want a peach that is just ripe. If the peach is over ripe, you run the risk of it becoming mushy on the grill. Over ripe peaches also have a higher sugar content so, while sweeter, they are more likely to burn when grilled.
Prepare the ingredients
This grilled peach recipe will make enough for 4-6 people, but it is easily halved or doubled. Halve all of the peaches and remove the pits. Preheat your grill or griddle to medium-high heat, or about 400 degrees. We cooked these Grilled Peaches with Amaretto Cream on our Cooking Steel Grill Griddle on our Weber grill. You can also cook them directly on a well-oiled grill grate or on a Blackstone.
Make the Amaretto Butter for Basting
While the grill is heating, prepare the basting butter and Amaretto Whipped Cream. To make the butter, simply mix 1 tablespoon of Amaretto with 3 tablespoons of softened butter.
Making Amaretto Whipped Cream
To make the Amaretto infused whipped cream you will need ½ pint heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon Amaretto, and ¼ teaspoon almond extract.
Combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, Amaretto, and almond extract in a bowl. Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream mixture until your whipping cream has reached your desired consistency, typically 2-4 minutes. We prepared our whipped cream using an iSi Gourmet Whip which makes making infused whip creams a breeze by using CO2 cartridges.
If you do not own an iSi whip, a standard beater will get the job done too. Refrigerate the Amaretto Whipped Cream until needed.
Grilling peaches on your BBQ Grill
Oil your grill grate or griddle and then grill the peaches flat side down for about 2-4 minutes.
Flip the peaches over and baste each peach with the Amaretto butter. Cook an additional 2-4 minutes, or until the peaches are soft.
Top and serve the peaches with the liquor infused whipped cream
Remove the peaches from the grill and serve them while warm topped with the Amaretto whipped cream. This grilled peach dessert goes great with all of your grilled BBQ favorites like our Ancho Espresso Steak, Grilled Sonoran Hot Dogs, Spicy Double Smash Burger on Texas Toast, and Spicy Cheese Stuffed Smoked Meatloaf.
For more great summer BBQ dessert recipes check out some of our favorites here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Freestone varieties of peaches work best for grilling. The pits are easily removed making them easy to prepare the peaches for the grill. You also want to choose just ripe peaches as overripe peaches tend to get mushy on the grill.
Amaretto is an almond liquor and tastes like almonds.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our blog. If you tried and enjoyed our recipe please share with others and please leave us a comment and review. We also love to see your pics so don’t forget to tag us @Carne_Diem_Culinary or #CarneDiemBlog. To be notified of future recipes please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, or sign up for our e-mail notifications. Until next time, Carne Diem!
Grilled Peaches with Amaretto Cream
- BBQ Grill or griddle
- 6 Just Ripe Peaches freestone variety works best
- 3 Tablespoons Butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon Amaretto
Amaretto Whipped Cream
- ½ Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Amaretto
- ¼ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Halve the peaches and remove the pits. The recipe works best with peaches that are just ripe. If they are overripe, they will tend to get too mushy while cooking.
- Combine the 3 tablespoons of butter with the 1 tablespoon of Amaretto.
- Heat your grill or griddle to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees).
- While the grill is preheating prepare the whipped cream.
- Combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, Amaretto, and almond extract in a bowl. Using a hand held mixer, beat the cream mixture until your whipping cream has reached your desired consistency, typically 2-4 minutes. Refrigerate until needed.
- Oil your cooking grate or griddle and then grill the peaches flat side down for about 2-3 minutes. Flip the peaches over and baste with the Amaretto butter. Cook an additional 2-4 minutes, or until the peaches are soft.
- Serve warm topped with the Amaretto whipped cream.