Sauces and AccompanimentsJump to Recipe
Everything is better fresh and this scratch garlic aioli is no different. You may never buy store bought mayo again, as this simple recipe takes your food to the next level.
Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place them into a bowl. Beat the egg yolks then add to the food processor. Add the garlic, mustard powder, lemon juice, and salt to the food processor with the egg and blend until well combined.
With the food processor running, very slowly add in the olive oil. It should take 1.5-2 minutes to add in the 2/3 cup of oil.
The aioli should be thickened and creamy at this point. Remove the aioli to a bowl.
The aioli should keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Use it in place of mayo in any recipe or on your favorite sandwich. You can also check it out in our Korean Style Beef and Lamb Lettuce Wraps.
For you beer nerds out there did you know that aioli was first described by Pliny the Elder?
- Food processor or blender
- 2 Egg Yolks beaten
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tea Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tea Kosher Salt
- 1 Tab Garlic Squeeze or 2 tea Minced Garlic
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, mustard powder, and salt in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine well.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil into the food processor over about 1.5-2 minutes.
- That is it! We told you it was easy, and fresh is so much better. Better yet, the aioli will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks if you store it in an airtight container, so you can use it along side several of your favorite recipes.